Destination wedding planning Timeline
Dreaming of a tropical destination wedding in a beautiful setting? It is possible if you consider the following tips and work with a certified destination wedding planner that you trust to make sure that your special day goes the way you pictured it.
The timeline for planning is not set in stone, but a good rule of thumb is to begin planning at least a year before if not more. The popular destinations & resorts sell out quickly, and you want to be sure to have your choice of the perfect one for you, and not have to settle for what may be available. It is your special day, and it deserves to be just how you want it.
The following timeline is a good place to begin!
12 – 7 months before:
- Set your budget
- Begin working with your specialist to decide on a location & resort
- Check availability of wedding dates and confirm your selected date with your wedding planner
- send out save the date cards
- work with travel specialist to reserve group accommodations
- ask for deposit & final payment dates from your romance travel specialist for all wedding related travel
6 – 4 months:
- choose wedding attire
- finalize group travel arrangements with your romance travel specialist
- review documentation required with your specialist
- send out invitations
- confirm wedding package & extras selected
- confirm details with onsite wedding coordinator
3 – 1 month:
- plan out seating chart
- personalize your ceremony
- print programs, place cards, menus, etc.
Day of…….enjoy yourself and smile
To start planning your dream destination wedding, fill out our consultation form